Although I am studying stress and how to manage it, I find myself getting overwhelmed by it especially at home. I don't want to blame on thing or another, but recently, my puppy, who has been in our lives for over 6 months is really being a major pain in the butt. He has destroyed over $500 in possessions, and caused our house to stink because he marks things. He's not the only pet we have, but he sure is a pain. I also have trouble sleeping because of the shenanigans he pulls when I'm trying to sleep. He'll chase after the cats, after my other dog who growls and barks begging to be left alone, he drags things under our bed, and chews on them, making noise, or he and Peanut our other dog will jump up at the slightest noise and bark and chase down whatever they think is intruding on their territory, sometimes this is Emily, who is coming out of her room to ask for Juice or to crawl in bed with us. I am suffering from sleep deprivation, and some of the symptoms I've noticed have been increased irritability, sleepiness during the day, headaches, weight gain, and several other things. I tend to be short with my husband quite a bit, but that is not only because of those issues, it is also because we are not getting along like we should.
This is something else that has bothered me for a long time, is my desire to leave the relationship and start again on my own. While I enjoy and appreciate alot of the things about our relationship, there are a lot of things that also vex me almost constantly, causing me stress, and emotional anxiety. I once wrote out a list, but it didn't help me, because even though I wanted to leave, I could not get the resources together, or the courage to simply move. I put alot of responsibility on myself, but he will accept at least 50% when it finally does happen. I am almost 100% positive that I would be doing better if i were not in a relationship with him anymore. I expect to be a parent with him to our two children, but as much stress as they are also going through, and emotional anxiety, I want to get them out of the situation as well.
More than one friend has told me that when I am ready to go, I'll know it. I've thought that I knew it several times, and had planned on moving out a year ago, when I got a bonus from work, but didn't get as much as I anticipated, and ended up having to pay bills. I know that I could make it financially, and I wouldn't need help from him. He would probably need help from me on occasion, but most likely I would need to be very strict with the amount of cash I dole out.
I dont' know which animals I would want to take with me, because all of them cause me stress. It would almost be easier to simply not have any. I would hate to give them up, because they are very loving and doting animals, but, I don't like the mess they make...at all. The only one I would consider taking and am sure wouldn't cause me too much stress, would be my cat. I think that is something I will have to try and work out in my mind before I make the decision to go. As much as I have talked about it, I'm sure friends of mine will be relieved to see me take the step I'm going to take, and be happy for me. Undoubtedly I will encounter stress from the person who is going to feel hurt, and betrayed by this, but I'm sure he will also feel relieved, to be honest. I think it's been something he's actually wanted for a while now, and just didn't have the courage to do it. I am sure that my daughters will benefit, because they will not have to witness fighting, or feel the stress between myself and their dad.
This is basically just a way for me to talk about my situation without having to feel judged. I am not expecting comments or anything like that, just wanting to get my feelings out there, and off my mind at least for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment